3 – 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (you can substitute monterey jack or havarti cheese for the cheddar for a milder taste)
1 cup fresh chopped broccoli (other veggies are optional, such as chopped cooked spinach, 1/2 cup shredded carrots, 1 tomato diced, 1/2 onion finely chopped, 1 cup sliced mushrooms)
1 pt. heavy cream
2 lbs. of shrimp (cut into pieces based on size preference) or 2 cans of crab meat (or half of each)
3 or 4 frozen pie shells
Season to taste (I use Lawry’s along with regular salt & pepper)
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1. Begin by pouring your heavy cream into a bowl and beating your eggs into it. Add in your nutmeg with a dash of salt and pepper
2. If you are including spinach, now’s the time to cook and throughly drain it. Be sure to season it to your liking.
3. Mix the cheese, veggies & seafood together; add additional seasoning at your discretion. Now combine the egg mixture and cheese-veggie mixtures together.
4. Pour this final mixture into your pie shells, then sprinkle with each paprika and bake on 350 degrees. It usually takes about 40 – 60 minutes to bake, depending on the oven.
5. Once they are golden brown and firm, remove your quiches from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Delicious when served with a side spinach and/or arugula dressing.